BASIC OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
IT Manager to oversee disk storage functions of the Storage Administration department. This Line
Manager will lead a team of 5-7 analysts in maintaining all enterprise SAN storage platforms. Will also have responsibility for driving projects to evolve how storage is administered with our overall Strategic Road Map.
1. Previous experience managing enterprise storage (or any technology) related functions and staff.
2. Current, knowledge and experience with (or at least a general knowledge of) storage
technologies and platforms. This should include, but not be limited to; EMC fiber channel disk
arrays, SRDF replication, SAN networks, Network Attached Storage, de-duplication, service tiering.
3. Leader with the proven ability and willingness to facilitate change to improve existing processes.
4. Ability to administer day-to-day production support requirements, along with a sense of urgency
in addressing production outages, 24x7.
5. Financial management experience in ( or at least exosure to) negotiating & procuring hardware
and software, and in managing budgets, invoice processing and planning. Familiarity with Service
Catalog direct chargeback would be a plus.
Minimum two years college in a technical field of study
Minimum 8 years professional experience in a technical environment
Minimum 3 years storage technology and platform experience required
Must have proven ability to be Strategic as well as Results driven
Minimum 2 years Management/Supervisory experience
Solid written & verbal communication skills to be able to present to a target audience
Requires strong judgment and excellent project management skills
Requires strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
IntePros Northeast - 2 years ago