AIR is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us. Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity, and non-partisanship. The intellectual diversity of our 1,500 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.
AIR’s Information Technology (IT) organization provides technology services for clients both inside and external to AIR. IT maintains three professional-grade data and hosting centers that are supported by a team of engineers monitoring the continuous operations of the network, including servers, security, and applications. Internally, IT provides a wide variety of services that include electronic mail, collaboration, networking, business-specific data base applications, and technical support for applications and web-site developers. Externally, IT delivers web hosting services with rigorous security requirements that satisfy industry standards.
We are currently seeking summer Interns to join our Information Technology team in our Washington, DC office.
• Document internal IT services/processes.
• Work in our incident, request and problem management system.
• Collect and verify systems data and catalog
• Work within Network and Telecom IT Operations team.
• Supplement where needed in daily IT Service Delivery activities
• Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned to meet AIR’s changing business needs.
• Opportunities are available for students entering or already enrolled in a Bachelor's Program in an Information Technology field
• Capable user of Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Apple products a plus.
• Good typing skills.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Creative thinker.
American Institutes for Research - 24 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...