We're looking for someone to contribute to Eventbrite's IT Support efforts. If you've been part of an IT or Enterprise Support at a startup or similar fast-paced but flexible environment, love working with budget constraints to provide the best service and technology and really, really love making technology work for people, rather than the opposite, then we'd like to talk to you. Can you help shape our efforts and deliver the support our various teams need? Here's more detail.
- Ensures proper functioning of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades, as well as ensuring proper documentation on how to use IT systems in a manner the users can understand.
- Helps business groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency and not lose their minds trying to work with those information systems.
- Ensures computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs within budget.
- Takes responsibility for new office technology as it is adopted, including but not limited to mobile phones, phone systems, printers, copiers, network equipment and espresso machines over IP.
- A bachelor's degree and/or least 3 years of experience working in an IT Support function for a rapidly growing company or experience as a professional rodeo clown, whichever is less dangerous and unpredictable.
- Experience troubleshooting complex IT problems as people pace nervously in front of you, fretting loudly about their impending deadlines and gangrenous losses of revenue, while keeping a smile and fixing the problem without breaking a sweat. Singing is also acceptable as long as you don't have a pitch problem.
- Extensive experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows, Mac OS X and Linux desktop, laptop and server systems.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs.
- Must flourish as part of a team, be mentally flexible, and be able to summon helpful spirits in times of crisis.
Eventbrite - 14 months ago