The IT First Support Manager is responsible for managing and advancing the first-level service and support of end-user service requests and computing issues. The position requires strong managerial skills, and a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction and experience in driving process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management and reporting of incidents.
Increase visibility and communication of incidents to business and IT support staff.
Enhance business perception of IT through use of a professional approach in quickly resolving and communicating incidents when they occur.
Align incident management activities and priorities with those of the business.
- Manage the staff of the help desk, including motivating, hiring and firing, writing reviews, preparing overall performance evaluations and training.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics including average response time, first-contact resolution rate, mean time to repair, and call avoidance.
- Strive for continuous improvement of the incident management process and the integration of the incident management process with other IT operations management processes, such as problem and change management.
- Maintain user satisfaction with the quality of IT services.
- Perform end-user satisfaction surveys and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement.
- Leverage help desk best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
- Responsible for creating reports for management out of the Service Management software.
- Works with management to develop Service-level Agreements for incident, problem, and service request functions within the Service Management software.
- Helps manage the incident management process ensuring the following:
- Manages the updates and implementation of knowledge repository. Advance the use of a knowledge repository to share information among all levels of IT service and support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous management experience
- Must be familiar with the practices and procedures utilized in the banking industry.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Must be able to implement new products and services without established guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and/or a minimum of four years experience in Information Technology or Information Systems and an AA degree in Information Systems. Computer skills are required.
Strong communication skills are critical to allow effective communication with customers to build positive, professional relationships and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors and internal customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Level: $56,846...$71,053...$85,259 (I)
Location: Billings Operations Center
First Interstate Bank - 30+ days ago
First Interstate Bank is a multi-state, $7.1 billion banking organization headquartered in Billings, Montana. First Interstate has evolved...