Denver Water Job Postings
I.T. Support Specialist I – Engineering Tech Support Section
Hiring Salary Range: $20.04 to $25.55/hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Engineering Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of I.T. Support Specialist I with our Engineering Tech Support Section. Under direct supervision, trains in the performance of technical related duties to execute the installation, maintenance and/or support of hardware for PC’s, network equipment, telecom equipment, printers and other associated peripherals. Assists in preparing basic administrative reports and maintains records on technology related projects or functions.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
Qualifications for appointment:
- Responds to end-user requests for help (phone calls, emails, web inquiries, etc.), troubleshoot and resolve/escalate basic requests for services, technology issues, and break/fix minor issues and provides timely and thorough follow-up with information and status updates to client groups.
- Seeks technical guidance from other specialists when necessary.
- Relocate computer equipment, hone equipment, and network equipment as required; coordinates installation with user and technical support.
- Assist in testing all desktop updates for area of support.
- Follows IT guidelines and utilizes proven solutions to remediate end-user technology issues.
- Audit, review and maintains all required documentation for installed computer hardware and software, including maintenance records and system configuration as outlined in IT policies.
- Assists other techs with troubleshooting issues.
- Logs all technology related issues in service desk software.
- Trains staff in section/division area of support to improve individual user productivity regarding the use of desktop technologies.
Education Requirements: Graduation from high school, supplemented with one year of vocational/specialized training in computer science and/or operations, or related field.
- Knowledge of hardware devices.
- Knowledge of personal computing hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and related hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze difficult problems concerning intricate computer equipment and related documentation or records and provides solutions to these problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and external agencies.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
Experience Requirements: One year of Information Technology related support experience.
License, Certificate or Credential: Some positions may be required to possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record on date of appointment.
Other Requirements: May be required to perform on-call duty, work shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as directed. May be required to drive to various outlying locations in the performance of job duties.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412
Denver Water - 24 months ago