The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the company with help desk administration, desktop support, hardware and software setup training. The ideal candidate will also need to manage multiple requests and handle them in a timely manner. Candidates must have strong troubleshooting, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Support end users running various OS’s, primarily Windows (XP, 7) and Linux (Fedora Core, Ubuntu)
- Support desktop applications such as office suite, Antivirus, ERP/CRM etc.
- New user setup including account creations/deployments, hardware/software procurement, phone setup
- Hardware and software asset tracking
- Troubleshoot remote user issues including VPN, smart phones, and hardware failures often over long-distance connections and across time zones
- Communicate with vendors, as required, for troubleshooting and scheduling maintenance
- Documentation of procedures and policies
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or in related field.
- 3+ years of experience providing desktop support for laptops and desktops.
- A stable work history
- Prior experience supporting Windows XP/Vista/7 in a Windows 2003/2008 AD corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of IT services and applications including, but not limited to Active Directory, DHCP, VPN, DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, IIS, anti-virus and anti-spam/spyware blocking technologies
- Working knowledge of and the ability to support Office 2003/2007/2010 applications (especially Outlook)
- Proven experience using a Helpdesk ticketing system
- Proven troubleshooting skills to resolve PC hardware, software, and printer issues
- Experience with smart phone setup administration
- Ability to train employees on computer hardware, software, and phone system usage
- Ability to respond to emergencies after hours is a requirement of this position
- Basic administration of VoIP phone system (adds and changes) - experience with Aterisk a plus
- Experience with Linux Operating System Software.
- Experience working with VMware based virtual environment.
- Experience with LAMP stack and Linux/Unix based mail systems.
- Strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multitask and resilience.
Iron Systems - 16 months ago