The City of Greenville's Information Technology Department is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable intern to join their team and gain valuable, hands-on work experience. This is a part-time position for 20 hours a week and an opportunity to expand classroom knowledge and grow in the IT discipline.
Examples of Duties:
• imaging desktops and laptops using SCCM
• configuration of desktops and laptops
• MS Office support
• Windows XP and Windows 7 support
• Avaya Call pilot
• configuration of Avaya/Nortel Phones
• physical layer troubleshooting
• batch scripting
• VB scripting
• installation and configuring of hardware
• installation and configuring of software
• configuration of cell phones (Windows Mobile, Android)
• setting up network printers
• assisting users with password resets
• answering help desk phone calls and emails requesting assistance
Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited program with a concentration in Information Technology or related field at an accredited college or university.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to pass criminal background check.
This is an hourly, part-time position, expected to work approximately 20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Must be available to work between the hours of 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday. If selected, applicants must show proof of student status and course of study.
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time without notice.
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...