Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying fun again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky, then we promise to make this a Company where inspired people like you will always love to work. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Take ownership of tickets escalated from Virgin America 1st Level support.
- Provide timely 2nd Level support to Virgin America user community located at airports and HQ located in Burlingame, CA.
- Manage equipment RMA process and work with vendors to ensure that equipment is properly sent, repaired, and tested prior to returning to service.
- Take ownership of new hire on-boarding process to ensure that all new Virgin America teammates receive properly prepared IT equipment.
- Log and update Help Desk tickets using ITSM solution ensuring they are properly documented including description, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Create knowledgebase documents as appropriate.
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of PCI, SOX and other compliance policies.
- Work closely with Virgin America Help Desk Manager to ensure Help Desk services are effective, focused and consistent.
- Act as one of the primary driving forces for teammate satisfaction across all Virgin America stations and HQ.
Professional Experience Required
- Clearly exhibit strong procedural and documentation skills, experience with related tools (i.e. Visio, PowerPoint, Wikis)
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to explain complex technical concepts clearly to staff, management, and end users.
- Applicants should posses a driving sense of urgency with respect to teammate satisfaction. No problem should ever be too big or too small.
- LDAP/Active directory experience is a plus
- TrackIT and/or Cherwell ITSM knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of large scale LAN/WAN network concepts, including architecture, operations best practices, network file access utilizing NFS and CIFS protocols, enterprise data, backup software, etc.
Professional Certifications and Education Preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Windows XP/7 technology.
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Office 2007 and/or 2010.
- 2+ years experience with Dell desktops and laptops.
- 2+ years of technical support or Helpdesk experience.
- Hands-on experience with common airport IT technology, including scanners, printers, etc. is a plus.
- Experience supporting Apple/OSX experience is a plus.
- Experience creating and maintaining PC images using Dell KACE.
- Solid experience with common TCP/IP protocols including DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSH, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Virgin America - 6 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...