The IT Support Technician I’s scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of basic hardware and some software support and maintenance.
With close supervision by management and/or project leads:
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Provides department or unit, primarily basic hardware and some software support and maintenance, including, but not limited to, desktops, printers, lab equipment, mobile devices, external devices, etc.
- Troubleshoot application problems. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level including installing, configuring and upgrading of software
- Configure, test and install customized configurations on various operating systems
- Moderate knowledge in hardware and software on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard)
- Provides setup and installation of computing peripherals
- Specify hardware specifications
- Prepare documents on instances of hardware repair, installation, failure and removal
- Perform basic network functions
- Provide support and training to staff and end-users on computer operation issues
- Ability to install/troubleshoot computers/printers
- Moderate knowledge of PC hardware components
- Moderate knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac operating systems and drivers
- Moderate knowledge of peripherals such as printers, scanners, and external storage devices
- Moderate knowledge of common applications such as antivirus, e-mail, Microsoft and Adobe products
- Ability to understand and follow direction
- Ability to work under stress of deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information and various customer groups.
- Ability to coordinate and adjust work load effectively
- Assists in departmental technology projects from research through implementation
- Participate on-call rotation
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computer science, MIS , IT, or other related area OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal four (4) years.
For HSC Only : Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
For TTU Only : Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
CompTIA A+ Certified
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
2/3 of time: Stand; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear.
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Work in high, precarious places; Fumes or airborne particles; Outdoor weather conditions, Electrical shock risk;
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Work moving mechanical parts
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-More than 2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-More than 2/3 of time
Lift up to 50 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Lift up to 100 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Lift more than 100 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 – 15.97 – 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Texas Tech University - 23 months ago