The IT Support Technician will support all users to effectively use personal computer equipment and software for high productivity.
• Responsible for providing first level support for all end-users both local and remote.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and voice/data communication systems issues.
• Responsible for Microsoft Office, 3rd party and custom software applications support.
• Purchase, configure, deploy and support workstation and lab systems.
• Manage and support mobility, including monitoring usage, device purchase and refreshes
• Monitor security applications and usage.
• Resolve or re-assign helpdesk requests through ticketing system in a timely manner.
• Write concise, informative documentation.
• Participate in on-call rotation and escalate calls/tickets when necessary.
• Create and modify documentation for helpdesk operational standards, policies, and procedures
• Follow all operational standards, policies, and procedures.
• Must use Service Desk Software such as Remedy Force for day-to-day operation.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Associate or Bachelor degree with 5+ years experience.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Office 2003/2007 and Active Directory.
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications a plus.
• Knowledge of Apple hardware and Software helpful.
• Experience with multi-vendor hardware troubleshooting and repair.
• Excellent people and team working skills.
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Ability and desire to learn quickly and share knowledge.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving and research capabilities.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure are required.
• Ability to handle rotating on-call support weekends and evenings on occasion.
• 5 years prior customer service, call center or help desk experience is required.
Pacific Biosciences - 30+ days ago