Make a Difference
EUC IT Specialist
Under direct supervision, provides technical support for the installation, repair and maintenance of personal computers, workstations, associated software and related hardware used by individual Parsons employees, contractors or clients. Assignments involve moderately complex issues, questions and problems that can be resolved by applying established techniques and procedures.
- Provides in-person or remote technical support for the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of personal computers, individual workstations and related software and hardware.
- Provides regular support in modifying, upgrading or enhancing existing standard hardware and software for individual end users or for small work groups. May work with other End User Support team members to implement more complex modifications, upgrades or enhancements to individual workstations or for large work groups.
- Troubleshoots moderately complex software and hardware questions, issues, problems and failures. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up actions.
- Screens, analyzes and diagnoses issues arising from internal inquiries and work requests related to maintenance of personal computers, individual workstations and associated hardware and software. Refers more complex issues, questions and problems to a higher level staff member for disposition and resolution. May identify and refer network problems related to personal desktop computers to appropriate Parsons IT organizations.
- Works with end users to assure they know and follow Parsons IT standards, policies and procedures. May provide informal training and feedback to end users.
- Assures that all activities are documented and reported according to Parsons and IS standards.
- Maintains a good general knowledge of the MIS environment and the technologies associated with individual computers, workstations, software and associated hardware.
- Performs the regular activities required to set up standard personal computing hardware, software and services for individual Parsons employees and to answer initial questions regarding the hardware and software configuration.
- Assists with project mobilization activities; May assist with the installation, implementation and use of IT infrastructure hardware as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position that may be appropriate.
High school diploma and 2-4 years of related work experience providing support to end users, working in an IT support role or working in the MIS environment (or an equivalent combination of work experience and education).
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required.
A working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications as well as knowledge of personal computer technology, including a variety of computer models, printers and peripherals.
Knowledge of the MIS environment and a full functional knowledge of the assigned area.
Good customer service skills.
Ability to identify, analyze and resolve common technical issues, questions and problems with standard workstation, hardware and software configurations.
Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak well in basic professional situations (may include communication via telephone or in person). Ability to write basic documents (may include email or memos). Typically communicates with a limited group of individuals (employees and some managers) throughout the organization and may occasionally communicate with those outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,200 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 79 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,700 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
IT Operations/DSS/Help Desk
Parsons Corporation - 23 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...