We are currently looking for an IT Support Technician to assist the IT department with support and systems administration within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative support to a group of senior staff and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Act as the primary contact for all Tier1 Helpdesk support.
- Assist the Systems Team in server and network maintenance.
- Conduct a workstation sweep and inventory audit.
- Keep a clean, swept, and organized server room.
- Organize the IT documentation, materials and supplies.
- Add support instructions and IT documentation to the company Intranet.
Apply now | Return to top
- Must be a recent graduate or currently seeking an Associate degree or related certifications, or be able to display a high technical competency.
- High motivation and interest in pursuing a career in systems and/or network administration.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Situational awareness is a requirement. Candidates must consider the organizational reprecisions of any technology tasks.
- Customer Service experience.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 18 months ago