SUMMARY Provide analytical services and solutions to the organization's decision-making process and corporate performance management. Develop and implement solutions using organizational data warehouse and data marts. Provide consulting services to the business users related to the use and management of data. Design, run and maintain a library of reports to support operational departments regarding medical costs, utilization, provider performance and patient outcomes. Effectively communicate results of analysis and make recommendations there from. Develop technical specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop, maintain and support Business Intelligence (BI) activities within Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) environment.
2. Analyze data and provide solutions/recommendations in response to anticipated/unanticipated fluctuations in the company's business affairs (e.g., revenue, FFS expense, utilization, PTMPY).
3. Create stored procedures used by complex reporting solutions.
4. Perform analysis of data sources and processes to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy. Identify and facilitate implementation of improvement opportunities.
5. Work independently and collaboratively with end users to assist in defining strategic solutions that solve business issues and enhance corporate performance.
6. Facilitate requirements gathering from non-technical business personnel.
7. Document business requirements in the form of specifications (business and technical specifications).
8. Apply critical thinking skills by interacting directly with the requesting party to develop appropriate report parameters, consultatively suggesting appropriate content fields and design where appropriate, and implementing the report criteria and analysis of said report criteria to quickly and accurately produce the requested report/recommendations.
9. Work independently and provide appropriate recommendations for optimal analysis and development. Requirements:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Healthcare Administration or other related fields is required. 3-5 years experience with MS SQL Server, including DTS, SSIS and the creation of stored procedures. 2-4 years experience with medical informatics in the health care industry is a plus. 2-4 years experience with development and reporting using Visual Studio. Experience with multi-dimensional database technologies (SSAS) ProClarity experience would be a plus. Knowledge of and experience with BI concepts and tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS). Relational database knowledge. Experience with working with and/or deploying reporting solutions in a web environment. Strong analytical, communication and documentation skills. Problem solving, project management and team leadership skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before all levels of management and employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with and calculate mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Requires advanced ability with Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. Proven SQL programming and Visual Studio skills. Proven skills in SSRS report writing and development. MDX query abilities would be a plus, as well as SharePoint - Performance Point experience. Strong desire to learn and develop technical skills within a SharePoint environment (dashboards—Performance Point).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monarch HealthCare is proud to be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies!
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth Skills / Requirements