What You Will Do:
Under general direction, responsible for strategic planning design and implementation of core technologies associated with organization's local area network (LAN). Provides integrated team oversight of LAN hardware and software maintenance. Installs LAN software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and project management.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related professional experience is required. Additional certifications may be required.
2. Ten years experience dealing with Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Networks, Desktop Computing and Large Scale Application Systems.
3. Five years of experience designing, implementing and supporting LAN network operating systems, server virtualization products, electronic messaging products, multi-server, multi-domain AD forest environments, in a multi-site environment with over 1000 users.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Expert understanding (Certification backed) of LAN network operating systems and connectivity issues in a multi-platform LAN NOS environment.
2. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of TCP/IP protocol, in-depth knowledge of PC operations, printer operations, file server operations, print server operations, and network operations.
3. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of server virtualization product (VMWARE, MVS, Xen, etc.)
4. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of at least one LAN based mail package (MS-Exchange, GroupWise, Lotus Notes), 5 years as primary administrator.
5. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows and Windows products, personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity.
6. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MC Project).
7. Ability to provide technical oversight in a team leadership role, and to act as a liaison between team and all levels of IS&T. Ability to perform daily work activities of the position assuring prompt and effective response to customer needs.
8. Excellent communication and organization skills; demonstrates confidence, creativity, and maturity. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
9. Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other team and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
University of Maryland Medical System - 2 years ago