• Manage internal Desktop Engineering technical projects
• Provide for technical research keeping the Desktop Engineering services current and forward-looking
• Providing for reporting reflecting services provided to various business units for charge back purposes to financial management
• Liaison between desktop engineering team and operational, engineering, and internal customer management representatives for major project efforts.
• Leading “Tiger Team” activities for root cause analysis that team is involved in by providing guidance and direction for troubleshooting efforts.
• Develop PowerShell and VB Scripts for internal use.
• Remediate software/patch deployment configurations for core toolset and the associated applications and security patches.
• Define the group's configuration parameters, operational procedures, best practices and document them.
• Perform technical analysis and evaluation, configuration and integration design, verification and validation, and implementation of client computing software, hardware, and management solutions. Required Education:
Bachelors and 4+ year(s) related experience Required Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar degree or equivalent experience,Employees in California must have a Bachelor’s degree in the applicable field, or an applicable certification, equivalent certificate or any required license. Equivalent experience will not be considered. Required Skills:
o Intimate knowledge and background in managing Operating Systems, applications and security patch deployments to diverse desktop populations across a large enterprise. o Demonstrated use of Microsoft Systems Center o Demonstrated project management expertise for large enterprise-wide efforts o Ability to rapidly interpret system log files for determination of process states in troubleshooting issues with individual machines Preferred Skills:
o Familiarity with other tools such as HP OVCM (Radia), WSUS, etc. for application and OS deployment a plus. o Demonstrated experience in managing user and system rights and access via GPO and Active Directory management tools is highly desirable. o Demonstrated experience querying databases utilizing SQL, PowerShell and/or other tools highly desirable o Familiarity with management of SharePoint sites would be beneficial
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...