Partners with Infrastructure and Application subject matter experts to maximize value delivery. Provide design, implementation and support assistance as needed to support the continuing objective to increase the effective use of the uCMDB and the integration with HP CM, RC, NNM, and BSM. Assist in identifying the information and information sources that would be beneficial to supporting uCMDB end state objectives. Assist in the analysis, process design and identification of automation opportunities to integrate key information from identified sources. Leverage experience with ITIL service management implementations to provide guidance based on previous successes in driving to the desired HPBSM-uCMDB end state. Support the implementation of new processes and automation identified as a result of analysis and design activities. Provide day to day support for the business as usual activities related to maintaining the uCMDB functions.
- Implement HP’s Configuration Management System including products HP’s UCMDB, Universal Discovery, HP’s UCMDB Browser, Configuration Manager and maintain integrations with the BSM portfolio through the Run Time Service Model (RTSM).
- Contribute to the development of strategic roadmaps around existing portfolio and develop best practices for implementation/integration.
- Provide technical guidance on workability of designs, architecture, and testing. Research and recommend implementation best practices.
- Design solutions for business issues and projects.
- Participate in defining and enhancing application development standards. Identify new technologies that can be incorporated to improve the performance / usability.
- Apply working knowledge of processes, according to area of development, to the data requirements, automated business solutions, and integration issues.
- Mentor other team members in technology areas in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Collaborate with Business partners and/or other members of their technical team during requirements gathering and provide a custom CMS solution for their needs.
- Sharing best practices throughout the organization
- Be a team thought leader for at least one product set and mentor other community members
- Use professional concepts to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
- Work on extremely complex problems in a complex environment where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Gather requirements, troubleshoot, debug, document, and deliver across a broad range of products and platforms quickly and accurately
Qualifications and Requirements
Technological knowledge of two or more of the following:
- Deep technical expertise on HP’s Universal CMDB portfolio.
- Deep technical expertise in HP’s discovery solution, Universal Discovery.
- Understanding of HP’s RTSM and synchronization experience between RTSM and CMS.
- Technical expertise with HP’s UCMDB Browser, Configuration Management System, Modeling Studio, Integration Adapters, Discovery pattern development and Reporting.
- Demonstrated success building enterprise software integrations
- Working experience in pattern (Universal Discovery patterns) development for new content development using Jython/Python
- Experience with set up of HP’s Release Control tool.
- Complex problem solving abilities
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking ability
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good understanding of SAP, Web based applications and custom client-server applications.
- Strong understanding of HP’s CMS portfolio.
- Strong understanding of integration adapters developed using Java API provided by UCMDB SDK.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with HP UCMDB 8.x and higher – with hands-on knowledge on modules such as HP UCMDB Browser, Configuration Manager, Universal Discovery and RTSM.
- Knowledge of different protocols for discovery related to Basic as well as advanced Application and Infrastructure environments.
- Database Discovery for Oracle, MS-SQL, Sybase and DB2
- Web Server Discovery for Weblogic, IIS, Jboss etc.
- Build custom and out of the box application models for packaged applications like SAP, BizTalk, ASP/.NET, as well as custom applications.
- Layer 2 Network discovery knowledge for multi-tier networks
- Basic and Advance Report creation based on Data Center Migration planning needs
- Enrichment experience for CI Updates.
- Experience on importing data from other sources such Access database and Excel spreadsheets using the web services API.
- Provide knowledge transfer and on the job training to customer resources.
- Jython/Python scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of Web Services
- General knowledge of SQL, specifically SQL Server, that includes creation of SQL statements with multiple joins, While loops, aliases, creation of stored procedures, usage of Temp tables, and structuring the SQL and stored procedures so that they are most efficient
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases that includes the design of multiple tables, assign permissions, set up constraints, triggers
Citrix Systems - 18 months ago
Citrix Systems takes connectivity to the next level. The company makes network access devices and software designed to enable PCs, IP...