PEGASUS POSITION DESCRIPTION
IT Technician will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies.
The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Create/maintain a company-wide Intranet, allowing data manipulation for each internal staff member.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications.
- Perform complete testing of Web applications, engaging users as necessary.
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
The Ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must be familiar with the WAMP environment, including implementation of SSL Certificates
- Must possess superior skills in PHP, AJAX, and MySQL.
- Must possess superior skills in SQL syntax and usage.
- Must have experience with Visual Basic.
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users a must.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs in line with provided guidelines.
- Flash video experience a plus.
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful delivery of assigned application development tasks and projects.
- Excellent customer service experiences by internal and external customers.
- Effective training and support of user communities with Web technologies and tools.
- Effective coordination of project vs task needs vs operational requirements with teammates and the organization.
- Positive contributions to the organization beyond the scope of normal responsibilities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Internet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change.
The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description.
This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Pegasus Aircraft Maintenance, LLC
NANA Development Corporation - 17 months ago