1. To provide customer service in response to requests for technical assistance via phone, email, walk-in, or on-site contact. Track, diagnose, and resolve hardware, operating system, and application issues.
2. Identify the criticality of each request and escalate situations which require additional support.
3. Install, deploy, troubleshoot, and repair hardware (desktop, laptop, printers, RFTs,and peripherals) and software applications.
4. Acquire knowledge through interactions within all facets of the IT department & assist those functions through documentation, testing, training, reporting & support of software/hardware solutions employed within the Foster Farms computing environment.
5. Participation in projects in order to ensure that customer support requirements are addressed prior to a rollout or a go live.
6. Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) relating to installation of various applications and troubleshooting techniques and procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Service Center Manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or software engineering.
2. Must be able to work various shift schedules.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with non-technical staff, IT staff, and business teams.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, customers, and team members in both written and verbal form.
5. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a changing and demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with MS operating systems (XP – Win8) and Office applications.
7. Strong troubleshooting skills, sound judgment and decision making abilities.
8. Highly self-motivated and self-directed, capable and willing to learn systems with limited supervision.
9. Experience learning and documenting business requirements.
10. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
11. Strong customer service, communications, and interpersonal skills.
12. Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
13. Strong service oriented mentality with a desire to help others.
1. Previous Help Desk experience.
2. Previous Desktop Support experience.
3. Prior IT experience working for a manufacturing organization.
4. Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation.
2. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office.
3. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations.
4. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time.
5. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations.
6. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
It doesn't matter if Henny Penny is having hot flashes, Foster Poultry Farms never uses hormones (nor does it inject salt water into...