Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The IT Training Analyst is responsible for the successful research, coordination, and reporting of all area-specific training (online, instructor led, peer), as well as conducting instructor led training and leading large training projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Develop in-depth training plans for multiple IT areas
- Work as an embedded resource during initial project phase to develop pilot and rollout training
- Schedule and conduct classes and workshops based upon the technical needs of the IT department
- Develop related certification materials, program parameters and testing
- Provide weekly project status and updates
- Effectively manage the classroom environment for broad audiences with a variety of skill levels
- Maintain course materials and training room equipment on an ongoing basis
- Strive for continuous improvement of materials and presentation relevant to feedback received on evaluations
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Previous experience leading large scale training projects
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to transfer information and knowledge to others in a clear, concise manner
- Previous adult education experience
- Previous experience with talent management software
- Previous experience producing instructor-led training courseware
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Able to work independently when required without having to rely on direct supervision
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing workload, and meeting deadlines for assigned projects
- Detail oriented and able to produce quality training materials which are concise and easy to understand
- Good problem-solving skills and able, when faced with a training issue, to determine the best solution and take the initiative to solve the problem
- Well organized, being able to consistently plan and prioritize many different types of classes and training schedules
- Self-motivated so as not to rely on management to define daily tasks, but able to determine where the need is the greatest and act accordingly
- Able to teach in varied environments, ranging from one-on-one instruction to working in a classroom setting with multiple individuals
- Able to act as a mentor to the functional areas as well as to area Management
- Able to accept constructive criticism from management, students and co-workers
- Strong understanding of Gmail and Google suite features
- Familiar with project/program management methodology
- Familiar with Success Factors Talent Management bundle
- Able to interact positively with all levels throughout the division, including management, and build strong internal working relationships
- Familiar with multiple Costco business areas
- Proven success participating in cross-departmental projects with several project team members
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...