University Research Co., LLC (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ )
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Network Director, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting computer, network and telecommunications operations and procedures. The IT Support Specialist will work within a team environment to facilitate user interface with the computers, peripheral equipment, VoIP telephone system, networks and other IT equipment.
1. Under general supervision, and working in close coordination with the Network Director, the incumbent performs the following for Tier II/III support to local and traveling HQ staff and overseas offices:
(a) Troubleshoot, maintain and repair computer hardware and software. Research, propose, document and execute solutions to errors and systemic problems. Provide a timely response for user requests for computer assistance or equipment requests. Install patches, updates, service packs and conduct preventive maintenance on user’s computers.
(b) Configure and install new computer equipment on the local area network requiring standard interface protocols. Track all computer related assets in the service desk management system, SysAid. Establish and utilize baseline (gold) images using Acronis software for computer deployment and backup.
(c) Update Active Directory accounts and OU’s. Manage user permissions to shared folder and files. Create / Edit accounts, email addresses and Distribution Lists in Office365 Exchange Online and Microsoft Office.
(d) Recover files from EVault backup system.
(e) Administer and manage Blackberry user accounts on BlackBerry Business Cloud Services / Office365.
2. Create and maintain user guidelines for hardware and software usage within policy and procedures. Coordinate and facilitate orientation and training sessions for staff on subjects to include, but not limited to: MS Office software, Conducting WebEx & MeetingPlace Conferences, VPN Remote access and use of the Cisco phones and other office equipment.
3. Support various IT related projects by identifying requirements, conducting research, seeking out vendors, presenting results and opinions to IT staff. This would include setting up test regions with trial versions of software, administering, developing and documenting results to give advice on the value to our business needs.
4. Follow up on equipment sent to vendors for repair, and maintains an inventory of computer hardware, software and peripherals. Follows established procedures for safekeeping of equipment and supplies.
5. Support staff office moves, relocating computer equipment and addressing any cabling issues.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Network Director or Director of Technology.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field, or the experiential equivalent of technical training and relevant work experience.
· Minimum two years hands on experience managing Microsoft Server (2008 and newer versions), Office365 Exchange Online and Microsoft Office and supporting major systems running on servers and workstations. Must have experience working with Exchange 2010 and Office 2010 and be able to identify and work with differences in functionality with previous versions.
· Must have knowledge of, or be able to obtain, best practice solutions for troubleshooting problems with hardware, software, and network operations.
· Personal characteristics required: strong communications skills with a dedicated customer service orientation; self-starter and problem-solver with previous experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other technical staff, vendors and users.
· Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively.
· Duties involve occasional stooping, crawling and/or lifting of up to 40 lbs. in order to install or check the installation of network devices or cabling. Occasional travel to various worksites may also be required.
· NOTE: Must be currently eligible to work long term in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
· Certification in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Service Management (ITSM), Software programming or Project Management would be a plus.
· Experience documenting and tracking procedures in preparation for an internal or external audit would be a plus.
· Ability to speak another language, (i.e., French and/or Spanish) a plus.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.