POSTING TYPE: Open Competitive
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
HIRING RANGE: $50,700-55,400/year (IT 3.1 DBM Level)
LOCATION: Hastings, ADC
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013
IT Work Flow Analyst's role is to provide primary support for the County's Work Flow systems in the major computer applications i.e. IFAS, iasWorld and Onbase. The person in this position will work with the County Business Analysts to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems using work flow technologies in support of core organizational functions and business processes. The IT Work Flow Analyst is also responsible for documenting work flow processes. This individual will handle day to day problems documented in the ITSM ticket system, working with business users to solve the immediate work flow problem but also to identify trends, where enhancements to the work flow process will eliminate the errors and stabilize the work flow processes. Because Work Flow is closing linked with the system security, the Work Flow Analyst will work as a part of the Security Team in supporting the day to day security issues. This person will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems AND 4 years of IT System Support work experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- An equivalent combination of education and IT System Support work experience to total 8 years.
- 1 year experience with Work Flow systems in major ERP applications
- 1 year experience supporting Security in major ERP applications
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008 or higher; Crystal Reports, Oracle BI Publisher
- SQL Services Management Studio (SSMS)
- SQL Services Integration Services (SSIS)
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
Strategy & Planning:
1. Meet with business analysts, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
2. Will provide assistance to the project lead/business analyst in prototyping new work flow systems.
3. Help identify and establish scope and parameters of work flow systems in order to provide input to the project plan.
Acquisition & Deployment:
4. With some direction help with the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
5. With some direction do research on software and hardware products to help with recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
6. Provide input to the project plan to define scope, work breakdown, and task assignments.
7. Assist with work flow design specifications from the design and prototyping sessions with IT staff and the business stakeholders.
8. With direction create workflow models
9. Support the day to day operation of the County's work flow systems
10. Assist in the support of the day to day operation of the County's security systems
11. Perform in-depth tests of work flow models, including end-user reviews, for modified and new work flow processes, and other post-implementation support.
12. With direction provide orientation and training to end users for modified and new systems.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: 1-12
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in the analysis, design, and implementation of workflow and security systems.
- Good understanding of workflow modeling.
- Good understanding of relational databases, such as MS SQL.
- Ability to import data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Experience with core software applications, such as Financial, Tax, Web, and EDMS.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, such as C#, Web, Windows .NET.
- Working knowledge of PC and server operating systems, including Windows OS.
- Experience in the analysis of databases, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
SELECTION PROCESS: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
- On-call availability as assigned.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some travel between County locations.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard