Job Id 18783 - Posted 01/30/2013 - Engineering - Americas - United States - Nevada - Reno
ITAD Electronics Technician
Requisition Number #18783
Positions available: 1
Reporting to: Steve Manalac
Location: Reno, NV
The Electronics Test Technician is responsible to provide test, process, and development engineering support to the company's ITAD processing & recycling centers. The position acts as a technical point of contact for operations related test & process related issues.
- Provide hands on test support of a variety of electronic asset types (PCs, servers, enterprise network systems, and related components) to the ITAD processing and recycling centers. Research and develop documented test procedures that provide full test coverage and data removal. Design, build out & maintain upkeep of test equipment and custom test environments. Position must be able to differentiate between software and hardware related problems. Develop, recommend, and implement test/repair strategies and supporting documentation.
- Work with Remarketing to identify, document, and develop solutions to close testing gaps on enterprise unit types. Therein, research part numbers of enterprise unit types to ensure they are correctly identified; work with remarketing to determine value and market trends for enterprise unit types; provide technical input to aid in the upkeep of the technology cutline for enterprise unit types; provide recommendations for system enhancements (feature specifications, unit defects, and failure reasons).
- Test and validate third party software used to test and process electronic assets. Therein, perform thorough unit testing of software to ensure it provides full coverage; work with external vendors to resolve issues and suggest enhancements.
What is in it for you?
- Advanced technical knowledge of personal computers, Intel based servers, printers, operating systems, and related components and applications and the ability to test and troubleshoot to isolate defective components;
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco and comparable enterprise network systems and the ability to test and troubleshoot to isolate defective components;
- Intermediate knowledge of Sun, PPC and comparable enterprise server components and the ability to test and troubleshoot to isolate defective components;
- Above average knowledge of WMS (ROMS2, Russ, ICATS);
- Above average knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- HS/GED; associate or bachelors level degree in Electronics Technology highly desired;
- A+ certification; CCNA or CCNP certification a plus;
- 1-3 years experience as a Repair Operator III or equivalent external experience
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world''s largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine''s 'Most Admired Companies''. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow's has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal-success for Arrow and our partners.
- Skills development.
- Performance coaching.
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k and employee stock ownership, scholarship program, domestic partners program and others.
- Community involvement opportunities.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please click on Contact Arrow Career, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow - 17 months ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...