Job Posting |
Covance is recruiting for a Clinical Supervisor, RN, to supervise the RN Program Associates.
The Clinical Supervisor provides day-to-day supervision to clinical staff in the contact center including nurses, pharmacists, and clinical associates as well as non-clinical staff who may work on clinical programs. These non-clinical staff may include program associates, specialists, representatives and assistants. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for individuals’ performance, including but not limited to the areas of productivity, quality, customer service, schedule adherence, attendance and punctuality.
The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the performance of his/her team and comparing performance against client service level agreements, evaluating any variances and making appropriate adjustments to enhance performance while maintaining or enhancing staff morale. This individual works with the contact center operations management and individual staff to ensure that all team members are knowledgeable and operationally effective.
This individual may be called upon to conduct site visits, sales force trainings, and other customer facing presentations.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
Indicate positions accountability
_____ GLC/General Manager
_____ Department Head/Function Lead
_____ Manager of Managers
____ Individual Contributor
B. People Responsibilities:
List the people-related essential functions of the position (complete for positions that directly or indirectly manage or supervise others)
Indicate the number of:
__8-15 Direct Reports
__0__ Indirect Reports
List the work-related aspects of the position (complete for every position)
C. Essential Job Duties:
• Supervise clinical staff in the contact center. Serve as a supervisor, write performance reviews, and address personnel issues. Mentor staff to grow their customer service, clinical program expertise, quality orientation, and technical and interpersonal skills. Ensure that they attend the appropriate Covance, CMA, department, and client-specific training programs. Assist in recruiting and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
• Thoroughly understand program processes. Drive process improvement to ensure work is completed in a timely, efficient, high quality manner.
• Monitor individual productivity. Ensure that individual performance measures are met. Assist in the development of programs to reward high performers. Develop plans to address performance issues.
• Monitor calls and quality performance standards from a clinical, technical and customer service perspective. As needed, randomly observe and rate performance of staff. Provide feedback to employees regarding their performance, identify individual training and development needs, and conduct trainings with these individuals.
• Participate in client meetings as appropriate. Lead the portion of client meetings that relate to contact center operations, program updates, and trends on clinical programs.
• In conjunction with CMA trainers, identify department and team training needs. As necessary, develop and conduct trainings including new hire, refresher, ongoing project and clinical program trainings.
• Identify program trends, assist with client reporting, as necessary. Review and edit standard reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
4 years of health care related work experience required. Experience managing contact center staff or supervising clinical staff strongly desired.
The Clinical Supervisor will have a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) or be a registered nurse (RN), pharmacist or other health care professional. Additional required skills include:
o Proven leadership ability;
o Strong coaching and mentoring skills;
o Excellent customer service orientation and commitment to quality customer interaction;
o Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
o Strong presentation skills, knowledge of business protocol, time management and organizational skills;
o Ability to identify problems, take initiative, and be solution oriented;
o Ability to “think on his/her feet” and suggest alternatives and solutions;
o Excellent attention to detail and organized and thorough in work;
o Ability to multi-task and manage workload;
o Demonstrated analytical skills;
o High comfort level using and coaching others in using CRM or other customer management software tools;
o Use of good judgment in managing and escalating client or project issues; and
o Ability to work well under pressure.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...