The PAD Team Leader will, under direction:|
Minimum Qual Requirements
- Coordinate the validation of PAD and its subsequent generation into mainframe and PC-based formats for inclusion in the quarterly release of the Geosupport System and BYTES of the BIG APPLE™.
- Oversee projects involving the research of property-related information and any subsequent modification in PAD. Train staff and interns on research techniques, data analysis, and data modification procedures, and review their work.
- Create the BIN Change File (BCF) and distribute it to various City agencies so that they can resynchronize their existing property data with such changes on a quarterly basis.
- Review weekly reports of tax block and lot boundary changes in the Department of Finance’s Digital Tax Map (DTM) and make necessary changes to the corresponding PAD file records.
- Respond to Geosupport System and CSCL user feedback.
- Properly and effectively communicate to supervisors on the status of projects, production activities, and updates, as well as to all pertinent staff within and outside the agency. Create or modify technical documentation, reports, logs, or e-mails pertaining to research findings or production-related matters and procedures. Review weekly summaries of construction activity from the Department of Buildings (DOB) Milestones Report and make necessary changes to the corresponding PAD file records.
- Review Department of Finance (DOF) files for changes in building class and update PAD accordingly.
- Review official address designation information entered by the offices of the Borough Presidents into the online A4 Database. Monitor the construction status of these addresses using the DOB Milestones Report, update PAD accordingly, and feed assigned BIN information back into A4 to trigger the creation of address points in CSCL by the Department of Information, Technology, and Telecommunications (DOITT).
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last seven years, in mainframe computer, mid-range computer and/or LAN or WAN computer environments in the areas of tape library, data entry or production control; or
2. An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
4. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
Undergraduate college credit can be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits, from an accredited college, for six months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory full-time mainframe computer, mid-range computer, and/or LAN or WAN computer experience, acquired within the last seven years, in the areas of tape library, data entry, or production control.
- Excellent research, analytical and organization skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication abilities.
- Advanced geographic skills.
- Experience writing reports and technical memos, and preparing presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong knowledge and understanding of ESRI Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies.
To apply click "Apply Now"
For City employees, please go to Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Recruiting Activities > Careers, and search for Job ID # 123326
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID # 123326
If you do not have access to a computer, please mail resume indicating Job ID # 123326 to:
DCP Recruitment – 22 Reade Street – Room 1N - New York, NY 10007
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW. APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVAL
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.