Job Title: ITIL Technical Manager
Job ID: 265203
Location: US-Utah-Hill AFB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced ITIL Technical Manager to join our team in Hill AFB, Utah. .
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
This position is for an ITILTechnical Manager in a large 24x7x365 Department of Defense (DoD) data center environment. The environment has a complex mix of state-of-the-art technologies and provides critical IT services to the DoD. The aim of this position is to improve the effectiveness of the existing, technical team through the deployment of ITIL concepts.
- Provide technical support for multiple project activities; including project schedules, implementation plans, risk management, infrastructure planning, performance, functional and final cutover test plans.
- Liaison to all stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Advocate for the client as required, especially in difficult problem solving scenarios when collaboration is necessary but difficult to achieve.
- Provide effective communication to DoD leadership as required.
- Provide leadership and direction during technical problem solving efforts.
- Assist in the deployment of ITIL concepts and work to gain buy in from the technical team. This includes incident, problem, change and release management using the REMEDY ITSM tool.
- Manage projects from cradle to grave.
- Provide tactical and strategic input to continuous improvement efforts.
- Solaris 10
- Redhat Linux
- HPUX 11.31
- Hitachi and EMC Storage
- Oracle Rack 11gR2
- Siebel Enterprise Server
- Business Intelligence
- Precise Listener
- Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage numerous activities
- Assist with the deployment of ITIL concepts into the Technical Support branch
- Effectively manage and deploy technical projects into the production environment
- Effectively present status to all levels of the organization
- Written and verbal communications to all levels of the organization
- Facilitate planning and collaboration meetings with all levels of the organization
- Develop synergy among internal and external technicians and administrators
- Develop creative solutions to difficult situations
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Demonstrate and exercise flexibility when appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to develop consensus under difficult conditions
This position requires some work outside of core business hours to support after-hours maintenance windows.
- Must be positive, motivated, empowering, decisive and energetic
Candidates for this position must undergo a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) as a minimum investigation. The SSBI will be maintained current within 5-years and requests for Special Background Periodic Review (SBPR) will be initiated 6-months prior to the 5-year anniversary date of the previous SSBI or SBPR.
The successful candidate must have a Masters Degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field and 10 years of technical or project management experience in the IT industry. Additional years of IT experience can be substituted for the lack of an advanced degree.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com. Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Unisys - 19 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...