EarthLink Business is a leading provider of integrated solutions and personalized service for retail, healthcare, finance, government and manufacturing organizations. The ITS organization offers IT services including data center services, virtualization, managed security and managed support for our clients. An exciting and dynamic organization, ITS helps its clients lower operating costs, optimize efficiencies and improve client service. The ITS Enterprise Project Manager’s primary responsibilities are focused on external client-facing responsibilities, and providing a seamless client-driven vehicle specifically geared to managing highly complex data center implementations. This position is responsible for supporting overall Project Management and managed services support for ITS client sales. These responsibilities include all things within scope for traditional project management services; ie. everything from planning, reporting, direct client communications management, cross-functional project coordination, reporting, executive summaries, detailed project plans, client service, and overall project leadership.
As a Senior Project Manager, this role will be responsible for the end to end service delivery, installation, and client support cycles associated with EarthLink ITS sales. Primary ITS services supported include Cloud Hosting, Managed (Premise) Firewall, Hosted Firewall, Secure Remote Access (VPN), Cloud Workspace (Virtual Desktop), Cloud Server Backup, Help Desk, and Exchange Email applications. In this capacity, Project Managers act as the client’s single point of contact and are responsible for all aspects of the overall ITS implementation; to include client satisfaction, client schedule planning, resource coordination, development of implementation processes, reporting, forecasting, and client-facing project management cycles.
Though not an organizational leader of staff by definition, this role does require someone with proven past project management and leadership capabilities at the enterprise level, a strong technical grounding, exceptional client-facing communication skills, strong analytical skills, and an individual that is comfortable in engaging at all levels. Most importantly, this role requires someone that can assume, instill, and manage to an environment that ensures overall ‘ownership’ of projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage overall enterprise ITS implementation projects that include standard and complex sales.
• Meet all published operational project management standards; client communication, planning, reporting, forecasting, process documentation, effective cross-functional resource coordination, on-time delivery, and client satisfaction.
• Ensure that all client projects are being managed, reported on, and delivered in a consistent, professional, and timely manner.
• Manage to monthly and quarterly revenue and unit volume installation forecasts.
• Hands-on / direct interaction with clients. Will regularly be required to lead meetings, conference calls, project reviews, and manage escalation efforts.
• Extensive analytics of projects and related order data. Forecast creation, project status, cost analysis, throughout analysis, budget modeling, etc...
• Address client needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them. Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
• Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences. Influence leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches.
• Work closely with leadership to manage internal projects that are aimed at improving cost efficiencies, enhancing the client experience, focused on establishing new operating standards, and improving systems and order flow.
• 10+ years of enterprise project management experience.
• 5+ year’s technology implementation experience.
• Proven success in working directly with large client and enterprise or large-scale sales organizations.
• Strong analytical skills.
• PMP Certification, professional PM Methodology training, or equivalent experience.
• Ability to design, implement, and drive business process cross-organizationally.
• Solid understanding of managed service implementation cycles.
• Ability to adjust to shifting priorities quickly.
• Ability to continually drive pro-active initiatives targeted at refining productivity levels and improving the client experience.
• Senior management level interface and presentation skills.
• Ability to independently build and manage relationships across a large enterprise.
• Demonstrated success working in a client facing fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated work experience in the technology / telecom industry.
• Ability to effectively manage projects that require multiple resources in diverse locations.
• Proficiency in computer software such as Project, Microsoft Office, ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Solid analytical, problem solving and financial analysis skills.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs, be on the phone most of the day and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
• Master’s Business Administration preferred
EarthLink Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...