ITS System Engineer Princ II
Job ID: 2011-15686
# Positions: 1
Location: US-VA-Virginia Beach
Search Category: Information Technology
Type: Regular Full-Time (30+ hours)
Posted Date: 7/14/2011
More information about this job:Summary:
Let's make a difference. At Amerigroup, you'll find a group of associates with diverse backgrounds and experience but what they have in common is passion and a commitment to making health care better for our members and our communities. Working at Amerigroup is a chance to change lives, and the opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic industry that is advancing public health care in America.
Due to an internal promotion, Amerigroup is in search of a Senior Network Architect who will be responsible for the planning, design, and integration of network/telecom technologies and services throughout our growing enterprise. Tasks include product evaluation, testing, deployment, and integration. When providing third level technical support, this person is also responsible for problem identification, research, resolution, and follow-up for service delivery issues. As the recognized technical expert, this person will serve as the senior technical advisor to a team of outstanding network/telecom engineers. This position is considered essential to operations and will be required to be available during any emergency. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to maintain an on-call status.
1. Functions as an expert-level technical advisor and operates with considerable latitude in the support of the IT Service Management Strategy including the planning, design, and integration of Service Delivery systems.
2. Provides strategic input to ensure Service Delivery operational capacity meets current and future requirements and develops the methodologies for system analysis, integration, installation and support.
3. Contributes expert-level technical knowledge and experience in the area of design and implementation operations based management and batch scheduling software.
4. Performs high impact, complex technical analysis of software, hardware, and data processing systems for integration in the Service Delivery operational framework.
5. Develops technical standards, and assist in the planning of corporate solutions which integrate with the Service Delivery operational framework.
6. Provides Operations support to include planning based on performance analysis.
7. Provides integrated team support and maintenance of Service Delivery systems and operations applications, hardware, and software.
8. Leads the evaluation of vendor products for future purchase. Performs analysis of vendor products to determine best fit for company needs and assists in the presentation of information to management for purchase decisions.
9. Ensures IT Security is strengthened by offering solutions based on testing of current technologies, and future requirements.
10. Provides high-impact, complex problem resolution based on real-time analysis and data collection.
11. Leads initiatives with regard to product testing and integration.
12. Provides leadership and training for Service Delivery Operations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree(s).
Specific Technical Skills
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience.
Certifications or Licensures
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking hardware and software
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, EIGRP/OSPF/BGP, DNS, DHCP, Syslog, etc)
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts (sub-netting, class-based QOS, access-control, etc)
- Expert knowledge of network monitoring, instrumentation, alerting, and troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of miscellaneous networking solutions (gateways, proxy services, VPN, wireless, WAN optimization, etc)
- Expert intra-discipline knowledge of security “best practices” and tools.
- Expert solution design skills.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications solutions (carrier access technologies, Avaya call management systems, call routing, voicemail, etc)
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications technologies (codecs, VOIP, video teleconferencing)
- Strong knowledge of storage delivery systems, SANs, and associated technologies (NetApp, Cisco, iSCSI, NFS, FCOE)
- Strong knowledge of various mainstream Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux)
- Strong knowledge of VMware networking technology
- Strong task delegation, team leadership, and project management skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Computer hardware, software, applications – Advanced
Infrastructure Performance Analysis – Advanced
- Ability to maintain basic to complex hardware, software and applications including applying patches and updates within more than one discipline. Able to react to a user's need and add/delete a feature based on their stated need.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental enterprise tools sets.
IT Security – Basic
- Ability to monitor infrastructure systems for alerts and perform standard to complex trouble-shooting. Understanding of incident management, i.e. ticketing, systems.
- Understanding of basic enterprise best practices.
Make Sound Decisions
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
- Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
Develop/Support Organizational Talent
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Treats others with respect.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
- Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Show Drive and Initiative
Accountability / Optimize Execution
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
- Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
- Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
- Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
# Direct Reports: 0
# Indirect Reports: 0
Budgetary $ Responsibility: $0
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
AMERIGROUP Corporation - 2 years ago
AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the State...