TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time ITS Technician I to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Job Summary: This position performs ITS maintenance work under the FDOT Maintenance Contract. This position will be required to travel within the southeast of the U.S roughly estimated at 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install equipment including but not limited to cameras, detectors, controller cabinets.
- Install electrical conductor, data conductor, and fiber optic cable.
- Install pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connect conductors to equipment to make equipment work correctly.
- Connect electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment.
- Test devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Prepare logs to keep track of field conditions and installation activities.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of how to request and perform utility locates
- Experience in trouble shooting and repairing CCTV units, MVDS units, and DMS signs
- Basic computer and networking experience
- Proficient at performing ITS Preventative Maintenance for the above equipment
- CDL Class B or above or the ability to obtain one within six months of starting
- Operation of mini excavators and other construction equipment
- MOT certification
- IMSA Traffic Signal I
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic systems...