TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time ITS Technician II to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Job Summary: This position performs on-site or in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This job may include any aspect of field support and installation, and is not limited to electrical, data, and fiber optic cable installation; conduit and pull box installation; and pole and foundation installation. Determines most effective means to install equipment to maximize efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs equipment including but not limited to cameras, detectors, controller cabinets.
- Installs electrical conductor, data conductor, and fiber optic cable.
- Installs pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connects conductors to equipment to make equipment work correctly.
- Connects electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment.
- Tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Prepares logs to keep track of field conditions and installation activities.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software, including Windows 2000, XP, serial communications, and TCP/IP concept
- AC/DC electricity experience
- OTDR and fiber splicing experience
- Experience in repairing CCTV’s and MVDS
- DMS troubleshooting
- CDL Class A
- Network + certified
- Equipment operation
- Knowledge on how to request and perform utility locates
TransCore - 14 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...