The objective of the ITSM Problem Manager is to help drive improvements and process for the prevention of problems and elimination or reduction of recurring incidents when known errors or issues are found. The selected candidate will interface with the ITSM incident, change and proactive management teams in identifying cases to resolve and opportunities for improvement as well as communicate out potential known errors or trends. Managing and organizing support from cross functional teams, the problem manager will provide direction on problem analysis in coordination with those teams. Additionally, the candidate will interface with customers and management to conduct reviews to provide focus on business critical issues as well as collect voice of customer data to maintain visibility, accountability, and customer satisfaction.
• Implements and maintain "Best in Class" approaches/practices to Problem Management standards, measurements, and procedures.
• Works with and manages cross functional teams to identify solutions, root cause, and best practice in accordance with problem management strategy.
• Ensures overall service levels for Problem Management through supporting technical services.
• Manages continual service improvement though Post Mortems, Risk Assessment, Service Operational Procedure Reviews, and Business leadership reviews.
• Leads voice of customer reviews with application and business partners to communicate updates and ensure accountability to internal customers.
• Analyzes trend data to identify potential issues and leads teams to implement any resolutions/improvements needed via problem management process.
• Partners with infrastructure and application teams to review and implement procedures to ensure consistent process is followed for incident, change, demand, and configuration management.
• Builds and improves operational processes through problem definition, goal setting, information flows and through understanding severity levels and priorities.
• Resolves Problem Management and technology service/s dissatisfaction issues and escalates exceptions to senior management as appropriate.
• Communicates Problem Management procedures, working practices, and changes to internal teams and customers.
• Ensures approval of the results of root cause analysis (RCA). This includes the documented root cause (or the decision that such could not be found) and the documented workaround.
• Attends High Severity Incident calls and assists in documenting information for future Root Cause Analysis, discussion, documentation and potential corrective actions.
• Consults for incident solution identification as well as for definition and assessment of service levels.
• Examines work queues for problems in jeopardy of missing service agreements.
• Keeps informed about new SLAs as well as new SLA framework.
• Reviews all "on-hold" problems and known errors.
• Sets scope for (trend) analysis and reviews progress and results with client and (senior) management.
• Supports determination of problem priority and service levels as well as regular SLA performance data gathering.
• Supports the determination of remedial action as well as implementation of corrective actions.
• Applies Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework knowledge.
• Coordinates and facilitates problem resolution and root cause by engaging a variety of support teams.
• Escalates issues for resolution, to avoid reoccurrence or closes problem.
• Assists with the identification of the resources to which the problem should be escalated.
• Facilitates communication with clients, team members, suppliers, etc. to ensure the actions and changes which may affect them are known. Documents commitments and action items.
• Facilitates high-impact customer business calls to disseminate technical information.
• Min 5 years Information Technology or Engineering or information Systems, or related work experience.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues and translate into non-technical business reviews.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of technical personnel responsible for operational management.
• Ability to travel from Englewood Cliffs, NJ to Universal City, CA locations 5% a year
o B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other technical discipline.
o Champions processes and creates an environment where people willingly participate in initiatives, programs and the NBC Universal community.
o Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision.
o Promotes a climate that energizes, motivates and facilitates teamwork.
o Strong Customer Service with high attention to detail and accuracy.
o Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
o Able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
o Drives decisions and direction based on needs to improve the business.
o Delivers clear communications and instructions to others.
o Proven project management and customer service skills; demonstrated planning and organization skills.
o Excellent written and verbal communications; effective interpersonal skills; strong formal presentation abilities.
o Broadcast and/or media industry experience.
o Promotes and encourages open and cross-functional communications.
NBC Universal - 19 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...