Are you looking to build a career in a business where your performance stands out?
PA Consulting Group is a global management consulting firm who is large enough to offer impressive training and varied projects, but small enough to give you personal exposure to diverse clients and colleagues. If you’re prepared to turn accepted wisdom on its head in pursuit of the best solution, we can give you the platform you need to make an impact. And since PA Consulting Group is fully owned by employees, freedom to do the right thing is part of the package. Come share in the success that comes from being part of a team like ours.
Practice description: At PA’s Information Technology US (ITUS) practice, we help our clients to transform their business performance through the innovative use of information technology. We are looking for outstanding candidates with a strong drive to succeed who are enthusiastic about technology and motivated to achieve our clients' business objectives through solutions that go beyond latest thinking and accepted wisdom.
Key responsibilities: The IT Delivery & Service Management Consultant role involves operating assignments to deliver IT-enabled business transformation through delivering solutions, advising our clients on technology, and providing strategic advice. In addition to client work, consultants are expected to participate in business development activities including proposal preparation, marketing, thought leadership, and more.
• Apply particular specialties and knowledge, such as specific business and technological skills and experience, in an assignment role
• As part of a project team under the supervision of a team leader, perform increasingly demanding research/analysis/development with increasing client contact
• Take on assignments of increasing complexity as skills and experience develop
• Complete formal and “on-the-job” training to continually develop operating, business development, and communication skills.
Locations available: Arlington, VA; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We will not sponsor visas for this position.
• Must be local to one of the six US locations noted in the description; no relocation assistance will be provided
• A Bachelor’s degree in any technical or relevant concentration
• Willingness to travel frequently
• At least two years’ proven industry experience in a team environment on multiple phases of software development lifecycle such as requirements specification, system design, development and testing
• Experience with modern, object-oriented programming languages and deployment environments, or web portals, business intelligence packages, ETL tools, and web services or integration toolsets
• Experience of at least one of the following core disciplines: data modeling, structured data/systems analysis and design, user interface design, technical architecture, testing, release management, package implementation or project management.
Industry experience in healthcare, utilities, telecommunications or pharmaceuticals is an additional benefit, but you can be assured of working with different clients and technology, across multiple industry sectors, and in a variety of project roles.
We seek highly motivated people with outstanding academic and professional credentials and a strong record of extracurricular activity and leadership. In addition, we place high value on relevant personal qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and self-confidence as well as a commitment to delivering quality work to our clients.
Candidates should also be enthusiastic about technology and motivated to work with clients to transform their business performance through the innovative use of information technology. We seek candidates with:
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
• Exemplary communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation
• The ability to successfully manage client expectations and relationships
• Flexibility and initiative
• Willingness to learn new techniques and approaches
• Entrepreneurial, creative thinking and delivery skills.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, medical condition, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
PA Consulting Group - 18 months ago