We’re pleased to announce the opening of a permanent full time position in our Support, Playout & automation. The position to be filled is ITX Support Engineer and will be under the supervision of Richard Tyrrell, Director Playout & automation.
The Senior Support Engineer is responsible for providing on-site technical support to our production and playout customers, including fault replication, software/hardware troubleshooting and some administrative tasks. Product training will be given.
- On-site support of all New York/NJ and East coast based Miranda installations
- Proactively monitor technical issues at customer sites and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems.
- First point of escalation when customer cannot resolve issues internally
(e.g. CBS, ABC ,Showtime, Encompass)
- Escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customer issues.
- Scheduled on-site support for special events
(e.g. NFL/Sporting/high profile events, NAS migration, system upgrades, etc) as necessary
- Gathering logs and other documentation, logging and tracking of bugs in CRM/Bugzilla
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving all Miranda related issues (or proving that our products are not the issue)
- Preparing and Performing product and playout software upgrades
- Provide support for Miranda Services Group on new East Coast projects
- Additional on-site support of all other Vertigo/Miranda installations
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current and new solutions and products, as well as integration and methods of support delivery.
- Understanding client’s workflows and requirements, and being able to provide them with guidance as to how Miranda can help them achieve these goals and requirements.
The ideal candidate meets these competencies:
- College degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, IT or related field
- At least 5 years’ technical support experience in an on-air broadcast or equivalent facility (e.g. IT Network center)
- Troubleshooting/resolution of a wide variety of Broadcast Automation System issues, including hardware, software and operator errors
- Upgrading/downgrading software versions of on-air (or equivalent) equipment
- How to document and log bugs in a collaborative issue tracking system
- Broadcast equipment; Automation, Routing, Audio/Video plus basic electronics
- On-air (or equivalent) broadcast operations and operational workflows
- Systems logic
- IT Networking (CCNA) , Switching, Domain Controller, Active Directory, DNS, SQL & database operation
- Windows Server 2008, and Win7
- Automation and traffic systems for Broadcasters
- Ability to clearly analyze and document customer problems
- Ability to manage multiple customer issues with follow through
- Excellent English, verbal & written communication skills
- Respect, approachability and dedication to customer service are essential
- Ability and willingness to follow procedure plus independent thinking and motivation
- Ability to think and act appropriately under pressure
- Ability to travel and work flexible shifts
- Ability to adapt to quick priority and schedule changes
- Ability to think laterally and in a logical manner.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted