IV Infusion Technician
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the IV/Infusion Technician is responsible for preparing pharmaceuticals for pharmacist’s approval and assumes responsibilities involving receiving, entering, processing, and maintaining orders in the computer system.
We are looking for a pharmacy technician with excellent customer service skills that is interested in the production/preparation of IV medications that will be provided to the Long Term Care facilties we serve.
This position is a laboratory setting where the technician is able to prepare IV medications using complex calculations. You will have the opportunity to work along side IV Pharmacists and Registered Nurses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform sanitation and maintenance of the clean room area
- Perform sanitation, maintenance, and tracking of infusion equipment and IV Pumps
- Perform pharmaceutical infusion compounding and mixing activities
- Participate in pharmacy quality control and performance improvement activities
- Perform pharmacy inventory control
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High School Diploma-Certified Pharmacy Technicial-Knowledge of Aspetic Technique
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
Physical Demands: Wearing protective equipment, standing, lifting of 25lbs
- Looking for an individual to work Monday through Friday 3pm-12:30am and one weekend day each week
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...