The purpose of this position is to support ice activities for the citizens of Allen and the skating community. This is accomplished by providing customer service at the Allen Community Ice Rink. Other duties may include distributing and organizing rental skates, monitoring ice activities, basic cleaning, scorekeeping and stocking inventory. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Provides customer service by greeting skaters, answering and directing phone calls, providing facility information, including class schedules, hours of operation and policies, distributing equipment, supervising member activities within facility and by answering member questions and concerns.
- Assists in maintaining clean conditions in public areas. Ensures facility maintains a clean and professional appearance.
Assists with rental skate distribution and collection. Inspects rental skates to ensure there is no apparent damage.
- Using an established check list, assists with maintaining inventory by restocking items as requested.
- Assists with monitoring ice activities by informing participants of rules during open skate, scorekeeping, and assisting with special events.
- Assists with various administrative services such as assisting with laminating and sorting of punch cards and skate passes.
Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
No experience required. Must be sixteen years old.
First Aid and CPR Certification within 90 days of employment, Ability to ice skate that gives one the ability to monitor and be responsive to on-ice situations.
Must be available to work any shift on Saturdays and Sundays.
Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Basic - Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Basic - Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives immediate direction. The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
Interpersonal/Human Relations Skills
Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.