We are seeking an Identity Management Product Manager who will understand the current and prospective needs of the customers who depend on Synacor Cloud ID platform’s web services and web-based interfaces. This Product Manager must be able to translate customer needs into a product strategy and vision working along with the executive team and other product roadmaps. This role will be responsible for supporting TV Everywhere and prioritizing product requirements that maximize ROI. In addition, this role will define G/M and launch plans for Cloud Identity Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the planning and definition of software product requirements for the web APIs, data stores and authentication and account management interface.
• Responsible for the continued development of Synacor’s core software Identity Management platform designed to serve user data for identity management and the suite of tools to operate Synacor front-end Cloud ID components.
• Evaluate and adopt third party and open source alternatives to assist in build vs. buy decisions.
• Develop product requirements that meet business objectives for TV Everywhere and other Synacor business units.
• Coordinate and communicate with business, technical, and operations groups to understand objectives and limitations of each group and incorporate feedback into thorough, well-written product requirements.
• Translate business requirements into product specifications, and work closely with an engineering team to translate these into technical specifications.
• Oversee Identity Management projects through the product development lifecycle from inception through production handling all coordination between cross-functional teams. Products include
• Identity management with user data profiles, single sign-on and federated login
• Asset management with video metadata, web service APIs, and scalable data stores
• Content/User Targeting with recommendation algorithms, large-scale data processing and machine learning
• Site Management with web-based tools to publish, configure and operate Synacor front-end products
• Work with engineering team during the product design and development phases to ensure requirements are being met and key design input is being incorporated.
• Identify and plan the key requirements for the software product that will deliver capability across multiple devices from the traditional browser-based web portal to smart phones.
• Proactively identify process improvements and work to achieve consensus and drive implementation
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Three to five years Product Management experience in the Internet industry
• Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business
• Following experience highly desired: Web Analytics, Business Rules Engine, public web APIs
• Proven ability to effectively multi-task, plan Sprints and manage product backlogs
• Ability to lead a cross-functional team in an Agile environment
• Fluency with web technology concepts including APIs, SSO, JSON, YAML, XML
• Strong familiarity with data structures, algorithms and service-oriented architecture
• Good judgment in key issue identification and resolution spanning multiple departments throughout the customer deployment lifecycle
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work within a team and to make a plan and then execute it
• Understanding of product lifecycle from inception through delivery and post-delivery support.
• Knowledge of the TV Everywhere and Identity Management space a plus
• Multi-product, highly complex, interconnected software environment and an understanding of the full software development life-cycle is desired.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture with growth opportunities
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 11 months ago
Sales Manager Job
Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable
- 7 hours ago
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc
- 24 days ago
Branch Manager I
- 30+ days ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...