GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an Image Analysis Scientist, you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from images. You will be part of a group that applies image analysis to a diversity of imaging modalities and problem domains in medical and industrial imaging. You will conduct research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to prototype software and solutions.
You will identify technology gaps, devise methods, and develop prototypes, employing an “experiment and learn” approach to design jugular experiments that assess the feasibility of your novel research ideas and provide quick verification. You will develop innovative solutions and demonstrate them through the implementation of prototypes and systems. You will develop technology that solves business problems ranging from services to manufacturing to healthcare.
- Leverage your image analysis and computer vision expertise to invent and implement algorithms for detection, segmentation, recognition, semantic understanding, and inference from images and image ensembles.
- Employ software libraries, tools, practices, and know-how to implement and validate research prototypes for your algorithms that achieve problem objectives.
- Design evaluation criteria and automated methodology to test, validate, and refine your algorithms.
- Develop solutions and execute in a team environment to meet project needs in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with researchers from multiple disciplines such as biologists, radiologists and material science and manufacturing, as well as related analytics disciplines such as statistics, machine learning, and operations research to develop systems and solutions.
- Effectively communicate and articulate problem formulation, solution details, and results through by writing papers and giving presentations.
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics or related field with knowledge and experience in image processing or computer vision algorithm development and implementation
- Solid publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences in computer vision, image processing, and relevant application fields.
- Software skills demonstrating experience in implementing image processing and computer vision algorithms and pipeline.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of two weeks per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Passion for developing computer vision technology for real-world use
- Experience in computer vision or image processing algorithm development lifecycle of problem-definition, formulation, implementation and integration, and validation. Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment within a large corporation
- Strong software skills, with experience in leveraging and building on large software libraries such as ITK, vxl, OpenCV, boost, or other large-scale C++ library a plus.
- Experience with python or other multi-language development environments
- Experience with handling large datasets and/or near real-time performance constraints in developing efficient implementations
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and analytical skills applied to computer vision and image processing problems
- Experience in writing proposals for Government-funded research
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to work across functions/levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure to meet deadlines.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 13 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...