Summary of requirements:
· Minimum 5 years experience designing large scale A/V design and build
· Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office
Professional and AutoCAD. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to
drive both internal and external communication to meet technical and project
expectations without slowing project progress.
· Must be a team player, addressing each day with a positive attitude
to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Must be able to work independently and proactively, multi-task,
handling multiple issues efficiently and effectively, seeing each through to
· Exceptional organizational skills.
Summary of responsibilities:
· Provide detailed and pro-active Design Engineering for audio, video,
digital media, infrastructure, IT, and control systems on projects as assigned.
· Provide AutoCAD drawings in compliance with Technomedia CAD Standard
· Must be proficient at meeting and communicating with clients,
research, evaluations, and seeking recommendations.
· Create detailed technical and equipment budgets and spreadsheets
according to Company standards to match project requirements.
· Initiate and maintain proper design direction and scheduled
deliverables per the needs of projects. Must be proficient at managing
draftsmen, fabricators and others on projects to maintain design intent and
· Provide a/v design support as appropriate to other members of the
Company to help ensure successful design, integration, training, and closeout of
· Provide support to the Sales Department including, but not limited
to, the creation of technical system order of magnitude cost estimates and
proposed equipment lists and all written technical overview documentation to
· For each design, provide deliverables including, but not limited to
sound pressure level estimates, grounding details, cable requirements. Equipment
room layouts, power requirements, heat load data, single line flow diagrams,
rack elevations, patch bay elevations (as needed), custom panel details, speaker
mounting details, projector mounting details and geometry (as needed), and any
other project specific deliverables as required. All documents will follow the
Company standards and practices outlined in the Company Project Management
Manual and the Engineering checklist.
· Responsible for the initiation and completion of final built
drawings, manuals and documentation.
· Travel as required for field engineering, meetings, site supervision,
commissioning, final test and adjust.
· Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Develop PAV files as required
· Supervise Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) final review.
· Responsible for Design Intent Narratives.
· Travel to remote client locations and site as needed.
· In both written and verbal forms; communicate, communicate,
Technomedia - 10 months ago