We are seeking a detail-oriented and process oriented immigration specialist to lead the immigration function at Two Sigma. You will partner both our Human Resources and Legal teams to guide and support the company’s broad immigration needs.
In this role, you will provide a full range of service to HR partners, legal team members and foreign nationals on all U.S. immigration matters. You will manage internal and external immigration matters, adhering to corporate policies and procedures pertaining to U.S. work permits, visa renewals and permanent residency sponsorship for foreign nationals. Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure effective on-boarding of sponsored new hires and internal international transfers
• Provide advice and guidance on entry strategies to US that are in line with immigration regulations
• Coordinate the process for obtaining all non-immigrant applications and supporting documents required for submission to outside counsel for preparation work permits and renewal for our global offices (US, UK, and Hong Kong).
• Prepare letters for foreign national employees as needed for multiple entry visa processing, dependent visa processing, and visitor’s visa processing.
• Maintain all non-immigrant files, as well as Public Access files as it relates to H1-B visa status including logs detailing the foreign national status
• Administer the preparation for the PERM labor certifications process (1st state of green card processing) which includes running advertisements, and reviewing resumes from applicants.
• Review and reconcile immigration invoices.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
• Strong, in-depth knowledge of immigration law, including experience with a range of filing types, including H1-B, TN-1, and Green Card (all categories and stages
• Strong legal writing and drafting skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• Experience with immigration tracking software
• Collaborative professional with great relationship skills who is a team player, self-starter, independent thinker, and has the ability to anticipate the next steps and future issues
• Ability to work well in a diverse and fast-paced environment with a large and diverse group of people, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Mobility, Recruiting, Hiring Managers, and candidates from countries throughout the world as well as their families