American Progress has an immediate opening for a Reporter-Blogger to research, report, and write about immigration issues for ThinkProgress.
- Write and research for ThinkProgress.
- Report specifically on immigration and related issues.
- Other research projects as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Deep knowledge of immigration issues.
- Familiarity with ThinkProgress and the progressive blogosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
Preferred experience :
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, RSS, social networking/bookmarking, and media-monitoring services helpful but not required.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Writing for an online audience.
- Spanish language proficiency desired, fluency a plus.
- Experience writing on politics and policy, specifically on immigration.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress - 2 years ago