Dendreon Corporation is a biotechnology company whose mission is to target cancer and transform lives through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics that harness the immune system to fight cancer. The Company applies its expertise in antigen identification, engineering, and cell processing, to produce active cellular immunotherapy product candidates designed to stimulate a cell-mediated immune response.
The successful candidate is responsible for achieving sales objectives for a defined territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer relationships. These customers include oncologists, oncology nurses and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient organizations and committees.
- Effectively communicates appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate use of approved products within the territory.
- Utilizes effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for all promoted brands.
- Develops and coordinates physician advocates for promoted oncology products.
- Arranges and coordinates effective promotional programs.
- Conducts essential field activities including customer in-services and attend tumor boards
- Work as a resource for various oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
- Communicates regularly with his/her Team, Regional Sales Manager, Head of Sales, Peers, Internal/External Partners and Clients in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations.
- Complies with all OIG and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Completes expense reports and other required administrative reports.
- Attends training programs, conventions, and symposia.
- Completes territory analysis and business planning.
- Effectively manages a territory to achieve sales targets and stay within all approved budgets.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical sales experience; Medicare Part B drug experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years selling in the Oncology therapeutic market.
- Consistent track record of successfully achieved sales targets.
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
- In depth product and territory knowledge within the Oncology therapeutic market.
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings.
- It is a requirement to obtain and keep current a Pharmaceutical Detailer License, for employees providing information about the product with a licensed health professional, or an employee or representative of a licensed health professional in Washington, D.C.
The preceding job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required for company business needs from time to time.
Dendreon - 2 years ago