Dendreon Corporation is a biotechnology company whose mission is to target cancer and transform lives through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics that harness the immune system to fight cancer. The Company applies its expertise in antigen identification, engineering, and cell processing, to produce active cellular immunotherapy product candidates designed to stimulate a cell-mediated immune response.
The successful candidate is responsible for achieving sales objectives in assigned territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the business. These customers include oncologists, urologists, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, hospitals and formulary committees. The role is responsible for ensuring customer's clinical conviction in the product as well as guiding the customer through the logistics process and seeing the sale through to its conclusion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate appropriate clinical, technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use of approved products within the territory.
• Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for promoted product.
• Demonstrate advanced business acumen and granular account acumen management skills
• Understand and navigate the product/process throughout large institutions.
• Develop and maintain a robust territory business plan by analyzing the business and the competitive landscape. Grow territory business by leveraging plan.
• Manage promotional budget effectively in a compliant manner.
• Successfully manage simultaneous complex selling situations from enrollment to infusion.
• Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology/urology products.
• Arrange and coordinate effective promotional programs within assigned territory.
• Work as a resource for various oncology and urology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
• Collaborate effectively with internal and external resources in support of customer activity: Division Sales Manager and team, Nurse Educator, Strategic Customer Group partners, Regional Sales Director, and other Internal/External Partners such as Tech Ops Apheresis Nurse Specialists and Dendreon on Call. in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations.
• Comply with all OIG/FDA and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
• Complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in compliance with Field Sales SOPs
• Manage internal and external partnerships that allow for product pull through.
• Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in scientific discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 5 or more years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device sales experience.
• Minimum of 2 or more years selling in the Oncology or Urology therapeutic market with a strong preference for experience in the prostate cancer area.
• In depth product and territory knowledge within the Oncology/Urology area with strong existing customer relationships.
• Strong clinical aptitude with the skills to appropriately challenge customers.
• Demonstrated project management ability.
• Demonstrated ability selling in a buy-and-bill marketplace.
• Apply creativity to overcome barriers to access.
• Consistent track record of successfully achieving / exceeding sales targets, with demonstrated success in growing a territory's business over time.
• Effective teamwork to leverage all available resources within the division to achieve sales results.
• Experience selling a complex product or service, with project management skills to bring sales to fruition.
• Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The preceding job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required for company business needs from time to time.