If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard ( www.standard.com ). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Implementation Management (generally from September to February): Provide high level of support for Implementation Managers in handling of post-sale activities to acquire and retain large complex groups and projects. Manage caseload of lower complexity level new groups and/or Inforce cases with additional lines of coverage.
Proposal Management (generally from March to August): Develop standard and non-standard written bid responses, customized bid materials, and coordinate pre-sale activities to acquire and retain larger group cases.
A cover letter is required with your resume as part of the application process.
- Provide support on small to large and complex new and in force groups, in conjunction with Implementation Managers I/II, along with own assigned cases. Act as a point person in coordinating deliverables with internal partners such as our Field Office partners, Marketing/Enrollment Services, Benefits, Underwriting, Contracts, and Policy Administration throughout the implementation process.
- Responsibility ranges from gathering initial documentation for case setup, facilitating internal huddles, client-facing kick-off meetings, and weekly conference calls with both internal and external customers. Prepare agenda, provide documentation of meetings and conference calls, and develop custom marketing and enrollment materials and binders for Finalist Presentations. Assist with hosting onsite client visits. Some travel may be required.
- Analyze implementation documentation; sold proposal and prior plan information and secure additional information as necessary. Assist Implementation Managers in securing relevant information pertaining to implementations and follow-up on outstanding information within prescribed timeframes.
- Develop and maintain project deliverables. Communicate project tasks, milestones and deliverables to the business unit experts and team. Maintain and update team SharePoint site, including but not limited to forms library review and various other updates as needed. Maintain project schedule; track project performance against milestones. Perform special projects as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill : Applies acquired job skills and working knowledge to assist with complex deliverables with multiple parties. Technical writing techniques and word processing applications. Work effectively and with a diverse group of customers. Organization and prioritization of workload and coordination with others to meet changing priorities and deadlines; assist with multiple projects with demanding time constraints; attention to detail; solid presentation skills. Apply knowledge of marketing characteristics to the writing of bid responses which are clear and easily understood and desired by the end user; gather, analyze and synthesize responses to specific bid responses with little direct guidance or instruction. Complete knowledge of systems, bid library content and processes.
- Facilitate the RFP process by analyzing bid specifications and developing customized and comprehensive proposals designed to attract large customers. Identify and include service differentiators specific to targeted policyholders.
- Develop customized bid questionnaire responses and packaging; act as secondary proposal analyst support for strategic and complex RFPs. Complete medium to high complexity proposal work.
Job Complexity & Judgment : Works on problems of moderate scope. Exercise judgment and discretion. Work within defined procedures to resolve non-standard issues. Drives and develops standard implementation project for each assigned case. Assume accountability for successful implementation of a new customer by leading and/or assisting with assigned cases, scheduling, resources, documentation, and implementation. Use appropriate tools to drive implementations and create project plans, including using basic project manager skills.
Independence & Supv required: Typically receives little instructions on daily work. May require general instructions on new assignments. Work is often shared with team when supporting an Implementation Manager on a project. Independently manages implementation teams for projects rated 1 and 2. Participate on cross-function or cross-department projects, as appropriate.
Interaction & Influence : Communication with and between Field Offices, Case Support, Policy Administration, Contracts, Underwriting, Benefits, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Human Resources, Actuarial, Legal, Tax Administration and other Home Office departments as necessary, especially to determine, communicate and accurately document a wide variety of procedural, legal, regulatory and system requirements in response to bid questionnaires. Assist implementation team with meeting preparation activities. Coordinate and manage lower level implementation activities on new large accounts including, but not limited to, billing/reporting setup, contract/document issue, coordinating billing and claims training with policyholders and other administration activities. Influence internal and external customers to meet deadlines. Develop written marketing responses to bid questions. Work with peers to maintain evolving library database including weekly updates and perform yearly reviews of the database. Maintain a professional demeanor.
Working Knowledge of : MS Office Suite, MS Project, Excel, PMAPS, SharePoint; Product and Service capabilities and department processes and procedures.
Education & Experience : Bachelor’s degree preferred. Preferred but not required minimum of 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible group insurance, account management and customer service experience. Demonstrated ability to complete a variety of high volume tasks timely and accurately; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Professional certifications in FMLI or CEBS preferred.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.