Higher One is a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Although we’ve grown significantly since we opened our doors in 2000, we still maintain our entrepreneurial spirit. With offices on both the East and West Coast, we offer an environment that is fun, a bit unconventional at times, and dedicated to continued growth as a financial services and payment company focused exclusively on higher education.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success. Our focus in hiring is to find smart, dedicated and enthusiastic candidates as our innovative services depend upon the energy, values, hard work, and dedication of our employees. Team members we hire are those who work intensely on projects that they feel passionate about. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level.
CASHNet, a product line of Higher One, has an opening for a Project Manager - Implementation. This position will be part of a team that is responsible for implementing the CASHNet Payment Suite at higher education institutions in the US.
Candidates should have an outgoing professional personality, demonstrated excellent communication skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
About the Company
- Lead the implementation of hosted payment application suite.
- Assist with onsite customer setup and training classes (up to 20% travel).
- Provide on-site support to college cashiers during application go-live.
- Provide direction to assigned technical staff members.
- Learn customer business processes and recommend best practices.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain all project documentation (project plans, etc).
Focused exclusively on higher education, Higher One provides refund and payment management services to higher education institutions, and banking services to members of their community through a card based solution. Our Oakland office is in a professional office park near the Oakland Airport with only a five minute drive to Alameda.
Working at Higher One
Higher One is not your typical financial services company. Our environment is open – we do not have offices – not even for upper management. We typically work in casual attire, and while our focus on excellence is anything but casual, we know how to have fun, too. Teams have been known to plan surprise nerf gun attacks on other departments. We work hard – and we have fun while we do it.
- Experience managing software deployment projects
- Experience training clients how to use software applications
- Experience with web-based technologies such as HTML, XML, file transfer protocols (FTP), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Outgoing professional personality with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Proven training, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience providing superior customer service and teamwork.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, computer science or related area or exceptional relevant work experience.
- Experience with online payment systems.
- Understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
- Familiarity with the organization and structure of college and university ERP and operations.
- Experience with higher education vendors such as PeopleSoft, Blackboard, CBORD, Elucian, or Jenzabar.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Free use of on-site fitness facility
- Fun events
Higher One - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...