Import Analyst (Job Number: 010539) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for analysis for all of import operations including analysis of invoicing, claims settlement, collections as well as reporting on various levels of import product flow. Handles special projects in operations and freight payment. Makes decisions on complex issues and has the authority to determine what should or should not be paid and participates in dispute resolution regarding incorrect invoices. Develops weekly reports on the volume on which negotiations are based.
- Oversees and handles all of the accounts receivable and payable functions for the Import department; audits and pays all Walgreens ocean freight charges; detention, demurrage, customs exams and miscellaneous assessorial charges, and all customs broker and freight forwarding fees. Checks General Ledger to ensure accounts match payments
- Works with business partners to resolve outstanding issues. Meets with various business partners that support Walgreens.
- Reconciles and accrues all ocean freight charges
- Performs in depth analysis and reporting on $50 million per year in charges.
- Tracks import volume and creates weekly import volume reports. Reports on all financials at monthly department meeting.
- Streamlines existing processes and creates new processes to improve efficiency and accuracy for various functions in the department.
- Assists Managers and Supervisors with various projects, including RFPs, PowerPoint presentations and data analysis
- Works with ocean carriers and Walgreens’ Distribution Centers to minimize ocean container detention charges.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or International Business OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years in international transportation
- Knowledge of international logistics such as ocean freight, deconsolidation and consolidation
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Training in accounting or finance principles or the equivalent of at least 1 year of experience in accounting
- Basic level skill with AS/400 (for example: system startup and shutdown, saving and restoring, performing backups, using CL commands, monitoring jobs, and controlling printers)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel)
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...