Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Team Lead, position is responsible for executing all functions related to the successful operations of DWE/NVOCC import documentation management for shipments arriving in North America. They will be responsible for data quality for documentation, including HBL, MBL and split sheet and the correct availability for this data within our operating systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all the day to day activities in managing and distributing documents and information for international NVOCC inbound freight in North America.
· Operations process development and adherence; with their supervisor develop internal SOP’s and KPI’s for the efficient management of inbound freight.
· Customer services; expected to solve internal documentation problems, providing correct information to Customer Service for the interaction with import customers in North America.
· Work with external and internal offices to reach 100% accuracy of operational data within our systems for operational efficiencies and reduction of rework.
· Lead import operations service staff with regard to being on time daily, and any time off for sickness or holidays. This includes updating E-Time as necessary.
· Monitor the work load of each team member to insure accuracy, balance tasks among staff. This includes resource allocation and overtime review and approval.
· Advise management of any issues with staff work quality, adherence to company policy and customer satisfaction issues, both positive and negative.
· Insure proper coverage of desk duties when any team member is out sick or on holiday.
· Performance measurement; based on productivity and delivery of service.
· Coaching, mentoring, assisting Import Customer Service Representatives.
Education and Experience: Minimum of High school diploma and 3 - 5 years of related experience in NVOCC/Logistics. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience processing import shipments is a must.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc, comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago