Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Provides clerical assistance and Customer Service Support by performing the duties and responsibilities listed below. The Customer Service Representative position will be asked to handle any and all of the responsibilities, with focus on the area as they pertain to that individual’s strengths.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Education and Experience: Associates’ Degree plus one or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Truckload Tracking – Obtain status updates from over the road line-haul carriers via check-calling
- LTL Dispatch – Communicate with our network of LTL carriers to coordinate timely pickup and delivery of our LTL shipments from our print partners
- LTL Tracking – Obtain load statuses through online tracking as well as working with Excel Spreadsheets for other carriers in order to obtain updates
- Data Entry – Enter pro numbers and rates into our system for major LTL carriers obtained through web and email reports
- Account Management – Handle customer tracking and Proof Of Delivery requests, as well as proactively tracking jobs through to completion. Also requires delivery reports to be filled out and returned to the customer
- Delivery Extensions – Communicate with newspapers to obtain deadline extensions on any deliveries that will be made past the due date. Establish relationships with these newspapers to obtain more favorable extensions
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 19 months ago