Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
POSITION SUMMARY: The import supervisor will work in conjunction with the import manager in the successful running of the CHB department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all duties of the entry writers.
· Check all files for accurate documentation (customs, operation and accounting)
· Ensures proper billing of customers; coordinates collections; resolves major billing problems;
· Ensures proper duty payment to customs on due date.
· Hires, Supervises, and trains staff of department in proper entry writing.
· Assists in proper organization of Department
· Prepare quotation, review customer profiles and rate structures, as well as complete and update customer profiles.
· Control / monitor all activities, advises Manager of all problems in the department with regard to shipments and personnel, and assists Manager in resolution of their problems.
· Support sales department with customer information, rates and etc.
· Resolve major customer complaints and shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.) Provides up-to-date freight status and arranges special trucking for specific hot freight.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred. Minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience in customs brokerage and import business, either for air or ocean or both, plus 2 – 3 years of experience supervising others required. Customs Broker License is preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 13 months ago