***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE HOSPITALITY AND EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE.
***ONLY THOSE IN OR NEAR ORANGE COUNTY NEED APPLY.
T.E.A.M. Event Planner
Manages the overall event planning process while continuing a strong relationship with the client and hospitality vendors. The Event Director will work closely with both the sales and operations teams to create a seamless guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following duties, other duties can be assigned:
- Gather event requirements and research venues, create group packages, send proposals
- Track and report on attendance in regards to rooms, meals, BEO
- Plan each event and follow up with clients and vendors accordingly including:
o Banquet Room
o A/V set-up
o Hotel room blocks and room lists
o Work with vendors, if needed, for off-site events
o Send detailed itinerary to client
- Negotiate F&B minimums, Rates, and contractual terms and conditions
- Managing sales activities to achieve and exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Generate new business
- Outgoing and incoming phone calls/ Customer service
- Show high level of professionalism on phones
- Manage time effectively
- Participate in board meetings and give feedback
- Build lasting relationships with the clients (Student organizations and Hotel Staff)
- Schedule conference calls with clients to go over itinerary
- Work with the onsite support staff for each of the events
- Be available via phone, text, and email during weekend events
- Participate in lead generation activities with the Sales department
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- An overall understanding of the college Greek community is a plus
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership: Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Influences actions and opinions of others effectively; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies client/customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services; Works to improve supervisory skills continually.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments and exhibits good follow-up skills; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- High level of integrity and character
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Team builder installing trust and respect
- Quick thinker, good speaker & sense of humor
- Bias for results and action -- getting things done
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to build long term relationships and trust
- Self- accountability
- Ability to drive team enthusiasm (energy, leading by example)
Analytical skills, business acumen, business ethics, change management, conflict resolution, delegation, leadership, managing people, problem solv¬ing, and strategic thinking are important competencies for this position.
- Passion and ability for effectively building business relationships.
- Commitment to providing world-class service to both internal and external guests.
- Energetic, positive team player with an optimistic outlook and attitude.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated time management and creative problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Minimum of one to two years related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner preferred
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to affectively negotiate contracts with hotel management
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, goal and deadline oriented
- Self-starter, inspired by ideas but team oriented
- High energy, fun and creative
- Able to articulate ideas easily, capture others' ideas and express self clearly
- A keen eye for innovative marketing schemes to an internal audience, the importance of brand and campaign management
- Experience with Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- An interest in emerging technologies a plus
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of Hospitality
- Previous experience as group sales manager in hotel or third party event planner preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commis¬sions, and percentages.
Ability to use word processing software, spreadsheets, email, and Internet. Must understand how to navigate and post to Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, and Blogs. Familiar with contact management software preferred.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabil¬ities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment should always be positive, energetic, and fun. Our services is producing memories and showing thousands of clients a great time, let's mimic that within our own environment.
3 step interview processes will include:
- Initial Phone interview
- 1st Face to Face
- 2nd Face to Face
T.E.A.M: Founded in 2008 T.E.A.M. has become the #1 Greek Formal Event planning site in North America. As an innovator in group planning...