Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The InSite Project Manager is responsible to oversee all Clean Harbors activities at an InSite location, including developing plans and coordinating activities that ensure InSite Program compliance with Provincial and local environmental regulations at Project locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Act as resource for Apollo Program compliance questions/ answers; Communicate regulatory and internal policy changes to project and provide operational application guidance and interpretation.
- Support the response to Apollo Project environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents. Work with Program Director, site Program Manager, and other company resources as needed to provide follow-up and to ensure that corrective actions are tracked; Disseminate “Lessons learned” for benefit of program and internal company audience as appropriate; Provide written documentation of audit results and corrective action plans.
- Assist with preparation, collection and review of periodic environmental reports and all compliance monitoring data for Program Manager(s) with review, revision and renewal of facility permitting as needed and required by contract scope; Disseminate “Lessons learned” for benefit of program and internal company audience as appropriate.
- Create framework for and ensure implementation of best management practice (BMP) for documentation and maintenance of training records at program locations.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Assist with managing customer’s air, water and hazardous waste programs.
- Utilize waste management system to efficiently and accurately manage waste program, if applicable.
- Provide weekly status reports to facility management.
- Assist customer in compiling data necessary for completing the Generator’s Annual Report and other required reporting functions as required.
- Scope special projects and provide estimates.
- Maintain adequate levels of equipment for emergency responses and ongoing projects.
- Provide waste tracking reports as needed.
- Enlist Clean Harbors’ corporate resources as needed to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiently and maintain compliance.
- Manage and track “cradle to grave” waste generation, storage and disposal.
- Responsible for all activities and programs at customer’s site.
- Coordinate activities with generators and properly identify, classify, label and manifest waste in preparation for disposal or treatment.
- Transport and store wastes from satellite areas to waste storage area and ensure that each is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment.
- Assist with analyzing and preparing shipments of waste to lowest cost off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facility and assist with lab packing wastes to off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facilities.
- Coordinate scheduling and associated preparation of hazardous or non hazardous waste shipments from site.
- Assist with responding to hazardous material releases and assist in containment and clean up of spilled materials.
- Uses, maintains and is trained to operate a powered industrial vehicle and to transports wastes on and around facility.
- Interact with hazardous waste generating personnel regarding compliance and packaging discrepancies.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science (preferred) or related experience.
Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering (strongly preferred).
- TDG Training.
- Wastewater treatment operators certification (preferred).
- CHMM certification (preferred).
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record (*see definition below)
- Commercial Drivers license-Class “B/C” with hazardous materials (preferred)
- Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, includes:
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No DUI/DWI in past 3 years.
- No preventable accidents in the past year.
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows based applications.
- Technical/Manufacturing knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss Management.
- Working knowledge of Safety.
- Leadership Skills.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
- Requires climbing, determining color, tasting and smelling.
Clean Harbors - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste management...