This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home décor. We are pioneering a new generation in commerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base – with our sights set on becoming a billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer-focused employees across our company – and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company—and your career—together.
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of executives from companies like Amazon, eBay, Intuit, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo, Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners, Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Marissa Mayer (Yahoo). This position is located in our San Francisco office.
The Supply Chain Coordinator will report to the Director of Supply Chain and is responsible for an in-depth understanding and execution of shipping and transportation methods across the OKL network related to Inbound Freight. This position will play an integral role in partnering with our Carriers, Vendors, Merchants and Warehouse to ensure efficient and on time deliveries. Will have a strong understanding of various freight delivery options: LTL, FTL, air, truck, rail, consolidation etc. Collaboration with other members of Operations, Merchandising and external partners is a must.
- Manage the carrier strategy between Operations and Buying Organizations.
- Will coordinate all freight bookings, expedited shipments and transit.
- Determine most cost-effective methods for inbound freight shipping to the OKL distribution warehouse
- Optimize shipping method to reduce time in transit and lower cost across all shipments
- Partner closely with Operations and Merchandising to reach shipping margin goals
- Establish ongoing processes for reconciling original shipping quotes with freight invoices
- Drive continuous improvement of packaging and reduce claims attributed to damage in transit
- Be primary go-to person for all ad-hoc/what-if scenarios as it relates to transportation and shipping
- Track and record all freight movement and establish communication channel
- Drive policy, process and product improvement
- 3-5 Years Freight Coordination / Management a must
- Furniture, Home Goods, eCommerce, or direct carrier experiences a must
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Roll up the sleeves, get-it-done, positive attitude
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively and concisely to all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to prioritize demands and multi-task to complete objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, Power Point and MS-Project
- High attention to detail
- Ability to scale
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once and manage time appropriately
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple teams; acute attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with our external partners, including our drop-ship vendors and carriers
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity and a constructive approach to challenges
- Experience in Operations/Transportation
- Functional understanding of ecommerce, transportation industry, fulfillment operations or Customer Service a plus
Minimum Educational Level:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Logistics, Transportation
- Or, Comparable practical experience